Percy Taylor (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, PERCY. Private. No M2/181210. Army Service Corps (Motor Transport Section). Born Cumberworth, near Huddersfield. Son of George William and Clarice Taylor, 170 Barton Road, Crosland Moor. Educated Shepley Council School. Assisted his father in the family motor haulage business. Married. His wife lived with her parents at Burdett House, Milnsbridge. Enlisted December 1915. Wounded on the Menin Road near Ypres on 17.8.1917. Admitted to No 44 Casualty Clearing Station, where he died of his wounds on 20.8.1917, aged 24 years. Buried BRANDHOEK NEW MILITARY CEMETERY No 3. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 27.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #140542)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5448362)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #5