Percy Kitson (c.1898-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KITSON, PERCY. Private. No 31740. 1/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Lepton. Son of William Henry and Eliza Kitson of Rowley Hill, Lepton. Was a teacher at the Rowley Hill Wesleyan Sunday School. Played cricket for the Rowley Hill Cricket Club. Employed by Messrs George Thomas and Sons, Rowley Mills, Fenay Bridge. Killed in action, 17.4.1918, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Lepton Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PERCY KITSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, April 17, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 835057
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #835057)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3258583)