Percy Howard Beardsell (1892-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEARDSELL, PERCY HOWARD. Private. No 41590. Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Lockwood, 21.6.1892. Son of Arthur and Mary E. Beardsell, 35 Charles Street, Crosland Moor. Educated at Crosland Moor Council School. Employed as a scourer and miller. Enlisted 7.2.1915. Died at home, 35 Charles Street, Crosland Moor, of dysentery, 17.11.1917, 24. Buried in LOCKWOOD CEMETERY. Grave location:- D, 117.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor; United Methodist Church, Crosland Moor.
- Brother of NORMAN BEARDSELL who died 2.5.1919.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PERCY HOWARD BEARDSELL
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Saturday, November 17, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 2752154
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752154)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #2