Percy Cockhill (1887-1919)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COCKHILL, PERCY. Guardsman. No 30045. 3rd Battalion Grenadier Guards. Born Shepley. Son of Willie and Mary E. Cockhill of Shepley; husband of Florence E. Cockhill of Abbey Road, Shepley. Employed by Messrs Moxon of Kirkburton. Was secretary and an active worker at the Shepley Cricket Club. Died of pneumonia whilst on active service in Germany, 18.2.1919. aged 32 years. Buried COLOGNE SOUTHERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row E, Grave 15.
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Guardsman PERCY COCKHILL
- regiment: Grenadier Guards
- died: Tuesday, February 18, 1919
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 901173
- If Somebody Remembers Me! Men from the Village of Shepley who Served in the Great War (2014) by Geoff Peel
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #901173)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #874475)