Percy Benson (c.1893-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BENSON, PERCY. Private. No 240423. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Joe and Ellen Benson. husband of Edith S. Benson, 33 Silver Street, Moldgreen. Employed by Messrs Thomas Broadbent and Sons Limited, engineers, and was a church officer at St. Michael's Church, Somerset Road. He was a member of the Huddersfield Operatic Society and of the Huddersfield and District Light Opera Society. Killed in action, 31.8.1918, aged 25 years. Buried in VIS-en-ARTOIS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row E, Grave 47.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private PERCY BENSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, August 31, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 249963
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #249963)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #309000)