Although not marked on the Ordnance Survey Town Maps, it is possible to infer the location of Peel's Yard from newspaper articles and census returns as being a cluster of properties off the north of Dog Yard. Much of the area to the north of Dog Yard was demolished circa 1879 to make way for the new National Schools and adjoining Kirkgate Iron and Steel Works, resulting in the loss of Chadwick's Fold.
An article in the Huddersfield Chronicle (18/Sep/1879) described the demolition work being carried out to make way for the new school and raised concerns that the contractors were forcing inhabitants out of their homes in Chadwick's Yard and Peel's Yard by removing their roofing stones. The Council apparently intervened on the grounds that the residents had nowhere else to go, which apparently saved the properties in Peel's Yard from being demolished.
Further confirmation of the location is given in a 1882 article which mentions that a lamppost was situated on Kirkgate at the entrance to Peel's Yard, and this is marked as "L.P." on the 1890 Town Plan.
The properties are shown on the 1918 OS map — by which time the Dog Inn at 76 Kirkgate had been demolished — but Peel's Yard had gone by the 1960 map. It is possible the properties were demolished around the time Venn Street was laid out.