Paul Croughan (c.1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CROUGHAN, PAUL. Private. No 44699. 2nd Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Born 42 Dock Street, Huddersfield. Son of James and Sarah Croughan, 43 Dock Street, Huddersfield. Educated at St. Patrick's Roman Catholic School, Huddersfield. Worked as a labourer. Enlisted 10.2.1916. Died of wounds, 12.8.1918. Buried BAGNEUX BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row A, Grave 26.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CROUGHAN
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Monday, August 12, 1918
- record ID: 57188
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #57188)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1038068)