Parsonage, Lydate Unitarian Chapel, New Mill, Wooldale

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: New Mill, Wooldale
  • status: still exists
  • category: vicarages

Built in 1842 as a parsonage with schoolroom on land gifted by George Morehouse Hebblethwaite in the late 1830s.

A separate Sunday School designed by architect Edgar Wood was opened in September 1911.

Historic England Listing

  • Grade II
  • first listed 30 April 1982
  • listing entry number 1287479

HOLMFIRTH ROAD (New Mill). Lydgate Parsonage. Detached Jacobean style parsonage including Sunday School in its ground floor. 1842. Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Quoins. Stone slate roof with gable copings and carved kneelers. Tall diagonally set stacks with shaped copings. Two storeys. Main frontage, of 3 bays, consists of 3 tall 6-light mullioned and transomed double chamfered windows to ground floor, and three 2-light double chamfered windows to first floor. Double pile cross wing to rear with 2 storey ashlar canted bay to right gable and Tudor arched doorway to side.

Location

Further Reading