Parish of Huddersfield
The historic ecclesiastical Parish of Huddersfield comprised the following townships and chapelries (hamlets are listed in parenthesis):
- Golcar (East Golcar and West Golcar)
- Huddersfield (Bradley, Deighton, Fartown, Huddersfield, and Marsh)
- Lindley (Lindley and Quarmby) — sometimes referred to as Lindley-cum-Quarmby
- Longwood — sometimes noted as being a township within Quarmby
- Marsden in Huddersfield
- Slaithwaite (Holme Side and Sun Side)
The extent of the historic Parish of Huddersfield (compiled from O.S. maps of the early 1890s) is shown below.
Notes and References
- Abolished 1 April 1937 to became part of Huddersfield.
- Abolished 1 April 1924 to became part of Huddersfield.
- Abolished 26 March 1898 to and merged with Marsden in Almondbury to become the parish of Marsden.
- Abolished 1 April 1937 to became part of Colne Valley.