Parish of Almondbury
The historic ecclesiastical Parish of Almondbury included the following townships and chapelries (hamlets are listed in parenthesis):
- Farnley Tyas
- Lingards — also known as Lingarths
- Linthwaite (Lower, Middle and Upper Linthwaite)
- Lockwood (North Crosland and Crosland Half)
- Marsden in Almondbury
- Netherthong — originally part of Meltham, see Meltham Half
- South Crosland (South Crosland and Mag Lordship)
Together with Cartworth, Fulstone, Hepworth and Wooldale, Austonley, Holme and Upperthong were the seven townships of the Graveship of Holme.
The extent of the historic Parish of Almondbury (compiled from O.S. maps of the early 1890s) is shown below.
Notes and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Abolished 1 April 1921 to become part of the parish of Holmfirth.
- ↑ Abolished 1 April 1925 and split between the parishes of Farnley Tyas and Thurstonland.
- ↑ Abolished 1 April 1938 and split between the parishes of Holmfirth and Dunford.
- ↑ Abolished 1 April 1938 to became part of the parish of Holmfirth.
- ↑ Abolished 1 April 1924 to become part of the Parish of Huddersfield.
- ↑ Abolished 26 March 1898 and merged with Marsden in Huddersfield to became the parish of Marsden.
- ↑ Abolished 1 April 1938 and split between the parishes of Holmfirth, Huddersfield and Meltham.