Paragon Inn, West Gate, Huddersfield
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#501], 1890 [#692]
- location: West Gate, Huddersfield
- status: still exists but now under a different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- notes: now "Westgate House", but previously the Swan With Two Necks inn (1851)
In 1851, the property was home to the Swan With Two Necks inn. By 1868, the Swan had moved into the larger adjoining property (which was previously the Victoria Tavern). The vacated building had been taken over and renovated (reportedly at a cost of around £2,000) by Adam Oddy, who successfully applied for a beer licence for the Paragon in August 1868.