Old Ram Inn, Towngate, Marsden

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Towngate, Marsden
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

Reportedly established in 1725, it later benefited from being on the route of the first Wakefield & Austerlands Turnpike road.

The 1803 Alehouse Register recorded John Parkin as the licensee.

The premises was demolished in 1926 to allow for the neighbouring graveyard to be extended.[1]

Location

Links

Notes and References

  1. Marsden: A Journey Through Time (2014) by Judi Thorpe & Mike Pinder, page 45-46.

Old Ram Inn, Towngate, Marsden

Categories

Buildings | Demolished buildings | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 17 January 2019 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed