This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Oakes Chapel, Oakes Baptist Church
- appears on maps: 1905 [#8]
- location on map: corner of Oakes Road & Wellington Street, Oakes
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
Formed in 1864 by 36 Baptists who had previously worshiped at Salendine Nook, they initially met at a premises in Quarmby. The foundation stone of their new chapel was laid on by Mr. George Walker in May 1867, with the Rev. Samuel C. Burn of Cardiff invited to become the first Pastor. In April 1989, the congregation united with Milnsbridge to form the West Huddersfield Baptist Church.
Notes and References
- ↑ West Yorkshire Archive Service: Off the Record.