This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
North Crosland was one of the two hamlets within the township of Lockwood, the other being Crosland Half. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.
Situated within the hamlet were Yew Green, Thornton Lodge, Rashcliffe, parts of Crosland Moor (inc. Crosland Moor Bottom), and the north-eastern part of Lockwood.
The boundaries of the two hamlets in Lockwood circa 1850 are shown below, together with most of the adjoining townships or hamlets. Two detached portions of South Crosland were situated in North Crosland.
The extent of the North Crosland is shown below in blue: