Norris Pearson (1883-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PEARSON, NORRIS. Private. No 29/634. 1st Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Birchencliffe 5.12.1883. Son of Alfred and Elizabeth Pearson. Educated Sowood Green Board School, Stainland. Employed as a stone dresser by Messrs Joseph Hoyle and Sons. Lived with his sisters at 517 New Hey Road, Mount, Outlane. Attended of St. Mary's Parish Church, Outlane, and was a former chorister. Was a member of Outlane Liberal Club and Outlane Cricket Club. Single. Enlisted May 1916. Wounded 24.9.1917. Died of wounds at No 46 Casualty Clearing Station, 25.9.1917, aged 33 years. Buried MENDINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 7, Row D, Grave 30.
- ROH:- Bethel United Methodist Church, Outlane; St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood; St. Mary Magdalene's Church, Outlane.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NORRIS PEARSON
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Tuesday, September 25, 1917
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 87028
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #87028)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3454185)