Norris Holroyd (c.1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLROYD, NORRIS. Private. No DM2/163027. 596th Mechanical Transport Company, Army Service Corps. Born Linthwaite. Youngest son of the late John Holroyd and of Alice Ann Holroyd, 13 Slant Gate, Linthwaite. Employed as a pattern weaver by Messrs George Mallinson and Sons Limited, Spring Grove Mills, Linthwaite. Enlisted February 1916. Died of Enteric Fever at Basra on the Persian Gulf, 10.7.1916, aged 21. Buried BASRA WAR CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 6, Row P, Grave 6.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NORRIS HOLROYD
- regiment: Army Service Corps
- died: Monday, July 10, 1916
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 510148
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #510148)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1947225)