Norman Wheelhouse (1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WHEELHOUSE, NORMAN. Private. No 240160. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Bradford Road, Huddersfield, 16.8.1896. Son of Fred Wheelhouse, 23 Clement Street, Birkby. Educated Thomas Street Board School. Employed as a labourer. Single. Had been a member of the local Territorials since 1912. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, on 3.5.1917 at the Battle of Bullecourt. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Great Northern Street Congregational Church; Huddersfield Drill Hall; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NORMAN WHEELHOUSE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 776733
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #776733)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4715373)