This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Lidget Street, Lindley
- status: still exists
- category: terrace row
- notes: 3 adjoining properties
Built circa 1898 to a design by architect Edgar Wood of Manchester for James Nield Sykes (J.P.) of Field Head, it provided housing for workers at Sykes' Acre Mills.
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1215042
LIDGET STREET (West Side). Lindley. Norman Terrace. 1890's. Architect: Edgar Wood. Built for the Sykes' family, to whom Edgar Wood was related. Hammer-dressed stone. Pitched stone slate roof, with projecting eaves. Two storeys. Three ranges of 3-light mullion-and-transom crosses, flush to wall, with casements, lead glazing bars and iron fastenings; each range with gable over, central range breaking forward. Three doors, each with two moulded panels and one glazed panel with lead glazing bars: oblong fanlight with lead glazing bars above simple flat hood held back against wall above fanlight by simply ornamented iron studs surround has simple concave chamfer and shaped Pennine lintel. One 2-light mullioned casement over each door. Steps to door, each with retaining walls, on south sides with simple cast iron railings, some urn finials.