Norman Stringer Taylor (1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, NORMAN STRINGER. Gunner. No 240308. 'D' Battery, 103rd Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Born Lascelles Hall, Lepton, 29.9.1892. Son of Albert Edward and Alice Taylor, 16 North Street, Lockwood, Huddersfield. Educated Lepton Board School. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Walter Sykes Limited, Zetland Mills, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 23.5.1917. Killed in action in Italy on 15.6.1918, aged 25 years. Buried GRANEZZA BRITISH CEMETERY, ITALY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 4.
- ROH:- Lockwood Baptist Church; Emmanuel Church, Lockwood; Mount Pleasant Chapel, Lockwood; Armitage Bridge War Memorial; commemorated on headstone in Kirkheaton Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner NORMAN TAYLOR
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Saturday, June 15, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 638863
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #638863)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5448015)