Norman Kewley (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KEWLEY, NORMAN. Private. No 35474. 2nd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Formerly No 5/108007 8th Territorial Reserve Battalion. Born Marsden. Son of Thomas Arthur and Frances Kewley, Holme Mill Cottages, Marsden. Employed by Messrs S. and C. Firth, Holme Mill, Marsden. Was taken prisoner on 8.5.1918. Died of cerebro-spinal meningitis at Limburg Camp, Germany, on 1.12.1918, aged 19 years. Buried NIEDERZWEHREN CEMETERY, CASSEL, GERMANY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row L, Grave 11.
- Brother of Private FRED KEWLEY who died of wounds as a Prisoner of War on 10.10.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private KEWLEY
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Sunday, December 1, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 903743
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #903743)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2243976)