Norman Hinchliffe (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HINCHLIFFE, NORMAN. Private. No 99533. 6th Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment). Born Holmfirth. Son of Harry and Emma Hinchliffe, 29 Upperthong, Holmfirth. Educated Upperthong National School. Was a member of the choir at Lane Congregational Church and was an old scholar of Upperthong Sunday School. Was employed as an apprentice in the bakehouse of Messrs Dawson and Birch. Enlisted July 1917. Embarked for France in April, 1918. Died of wounds at No 6 Casualty Clearing Station, 8.9.1918, aged 19 years. Buried PERNES BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 6, Row B, Grave 3.
- ROH:- Upperthong War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NORMAN HINCHLIFFE
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Sunday, September 8, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 118965