Norman France (1898-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FRANCE, NORMAN. Private. No 34262. 6th Battalion Leicestershire Regiment. Born Primrose Hill 21.6.1898. Son of Albert and Ada France, 97 Birch Road, Berry Brow, Huddersfield. Educated Stile Common Council School, Berry Brow Council School and Huddersfield Technical College. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan Church. Employed in the design department at Zetland Mills. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan School. Was a member of the local cricket and football clubs. Single. Enlisted 17.2.1917. Killed in action at Epehy, 22.3.1918, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NORMAN FRANCE
- regiment: Leicestershire Regiment
- died: Friday, March 22, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 1581080
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1581080)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2537602)