Noble Mellor (1890-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MELLOR, NOBLE. Private. No S/8591. 7th Battalion Seaforth Highlanders. Born Lockwood, Huddersfield. Lived 37 Waterside, Lockwood. Employed as a grocer's assistant at the Primrose Hill branch of the Huddersfield Industrial Society. Attended Emmanuel Church, Lockwood and Sunday School. Was a member of the Lockwood Liberal Club, where he was a keen billiard player. Enlisted Whit Wednesday 1915. Trained at Cromarty, Scotland. Had been in France 14 days when he was killed in action, 12.10.1915, 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private NOBLE MELLOR
- regiment: Seaforth Highlanders
- died: Tuesday, October 12, 1915
- record ID: 906585
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #906585)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3006495)