Noah Ambler (1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- AMBLER, NOAH. Private. No 268374. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 7.10.1889 at Netherton, Huddersfield. Son of Josh Ambler. Attended Stile Common Council School, Primrose Hill. Worked as a violinist at the Empire Picture House. Married, with one child. Lived at 11 Newsome Road. Killed in action, 12.10.1918, aged 29 years. Buried in SELRIDGE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row D, Grave 8.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private AMBLER
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, October 12, 1918
- record ID: 595313
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #595313)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #40812)