New Mill Urban District
New Mill Urban District was abolished in 1938 following a country review under the terms of the Local Government Act of 1929. The area was divided as follows (population figures are from the 1931 Census):
- 4,212 acres transferred to an enlarged Holmfirth Urban District — population 4,250
- 2,047 acres transferred to an enlarged Penistone Rural District — population 288
The extent of the urban district is show below (based on the 1906 O.S. map):
Notes and References
- "Redistribution" in Sheffield Daily Telegraph (05/Oct/1917).