Netherton Mechanics' Institute

The Netherton Mechanics' Institute was esabslihed on 26 December 1846[1] and is known to have met in a former weaving shed at Netherton Fold.

The institute ceased to exist at the start of 1886 and transferred its library to the South Crosland Local Board.[2]

Further Reading

Notes and References

  1. "Netherton Mechanics' Institute" in Leeds Times (09/Jan/1847).
  2. The History and Topography of South Crosland, Armitage Bridge and Netherton (1938) by Philip Ahier, pages 81-83.