Netherthong Urban District

The Netherthong Urban District was formed at the end 1894 and replaced the Netherthong Local Board.

Harry Lomax, who had served as the clerk of the local board since 1879, continued in the role.[1]

The urban district was abolished in 1912 when it was amalgamated into an enlarged Holmfirth Urban District.


The extent of the urban district is show below (based on the 1906 O.S. map):

Notes and References

  1. "Holmfirth Official's Long Service" in Huddersfield Daily Examiner (26/May/1914).