This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Shaw's Factory
- appears on maps: 1892 [#84]
- location on map: off New Mill Road, Honley
- status: possibly still exists
- category: mill
- notes: woollen mill
Bobbin makers Gledhill and Roberts, Limited are known to have been based in a part of the mill in the 1870s.
The five-storey mill was gutted by a fire which started at around 8:30pm on 3 June 1914. At the time, the mill was owned by A. Thornton & Son Ltd. and the occupants were:
- Cooper, Liversidge, and Wood (wool & cotton dyers)
- Herbert Scholefield & Co. (woollen manufacturers)
- B.T. Cave Ltd. (yarn spinners)
The mill was later partially rebuilt.
Notes and References