Navigation Tavern, Shore Head, Aspley

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

The tavern is marked on the 1851 O.S. Town Plan and was owned by the Trustees of the Aire & Calder Navigation Co. Ltd.

The premises was closed prior to 1874 when it was advertised for conversion into a house:[1]

THE Trustees of the Are and Calder Navigation being about to CONVERT the Navigation Tavern, Shorefoot, into either one good DWELLING-HOUSE, suitable for a Shop with two large front windows, or into two Dwelling-houses, with shop to each, application for the same may be made to the Agent, at the Aire and Calder Navigation Office, Shorefoot, Huddersfield.

Huddersfield Police Court

  • 01/Nov/1852 — John Shaw was charged with stealing a number of items of property belonging to landlord Thomas Andrew

Location

Notes and References

  1. "To Be Let" in Huddersfield Daily Chronicle (04/Jul/1874).