Standard Fireworks Factory, Crosland Moor
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Black Cat Fireworks
- location: Crosland Moor
- status: partially exists
- category: factory
Standard Fireworks was established in 1891 by James Greenhalgh and opened a site at Crosland Moor in 1910.
During the First World War it manufactured munitions. An explosion at the site on 6 May 1918 killed assistant inspector Louie Fethney.
The site was purchased by Black Cat Fireworks in 1998.