National School, Green End, Meltham
- appears on maps: 1904 [#104]
- location: Green End (now Greens End Road), Meltham
- status: partially still exists but now in different use
- category: school (two separate buildings)
- architect: John Kirk & Sons
Built in 1868 on land purchased by Charles Brook to replace the previous National School. The school was designed by Huddersfield architects John Kirk & Sons and built by Meltham stonemasons Messrs. George Moorhouse & Co.
Later extended with an Infants School (now demolished).
Currently in use as Meltham Parish Church Hall.
Notes and References
- "Opening of the Meltham Church Memorial Schools" in Huddersfield Chronicle (18/Jan/1868). Many of the other tradesmen were local: joiner William Myers (Meltham), plasterer James Wilkinson (Holt Head), plumber & glazier Francis Drake (Meltham), painters J. Preston & Sons (Meltham), blacksmith E. Pogson (Meltham).