Mytholm Bridge (River Holme)
- location: Mytholmbridge
- category: bridge
The current footbridge replaced a much earlier and wider bridge over the River Holme which is shown on the c.1850 O.S. map. This bridge provided access to Bridge Royd Mill (later known as Lower Mytholm Bridge Mills) and also to the higher-level roads to the west.
The bridge was reportedly badly damaged by the Holmfirth Flood of 1852 and £50 of the relief fund was earmarked for its repair.
The nearby bridge over the New Mill Dike is also known as Mytholm Bridge.
Holmfirth: Place-Names and Settlement (1994) by George Redmonds:
The name derives from an Old English word which means "at the mouths" and it refers in this instance to the confluence of the River Holme with New Mill Dyke. It is probably an even older name than the first references suggest, and there was certainly a bridge at this point by 1316, and a fulling-mill from 1474 at least. In that year Roche Abbey was held responsible for obstructing the highway during the construction of a dam for the mill, possibly by flooding. It was here that the perambulation of the graveship's boundaries began and ended.