Morris Crampton (c.1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CRAMPTON, MORRIS, MM. Private. No 306012. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Golcar. Son of David and Jane Crampton, 115 Swallow Lane, Golcar. Attended the Scapegoat Hill Baptist Chapel. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Hirst and Mallinson Limited, Cliffe End Mills, Longwood. Enlisted March 1915. Embarked for France, 29.6.1915. Awarded the Military Medal a fortnight before his death. Died of the effects of gas poisoning, 26.11.1917, at No 14 General Hospital, Wimereux, aged 22. Buried in WIMEREUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 8, Row A, Grave 1A.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private MORRIS CRAMPTON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, November 26, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 508113
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #508113)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1003737)