Moldgreen Ward

The Moldgreen Ward was an electoral ward within the Municipal Borough of Huddersfield and also a polling district within the Parliamentary Borough of Huddersfield.

The ward came into being during 1868 as part of the Huddersfield Charter of Incorporation and covered the same area as the Moldgreen Local Board District that it replaced.

In 1908, the ward boundary was substantially altered and expanded to the east.[1]

The ward was abolished under the West Riding Review Order of 1937 with the area being reallocated to Almondbury Ward, Dalton Ward, Huddersfield North Central Ward and Huddersfield South Central Ward.

Notes and References

  1. "Huddersfield" in London Gazette (06/Oct/1908).