Moldgreen Gas Company

The Moldgreen Gas Company Ltd. was registered on 13 March 1871 with a nominal capital of £50,000 divided into 5,000 shares.[1]

The company's gas works were situated off Wakefield Road near to the Smithy Lane junction.

The company was acquired by Huddersfield Corporation in 1874 for a reported £17,000.[2] The largest shareholder at the time was Councillor Anthony K. Kaye.[3]

Notes and References

  1. "Joint Stock Companies formed in Yorkshire During 1871" in Yorkshire Post (27/Dec/1871).
  2. "Huddersfield Town Council" in Huddersfield Chronicle (22/Jan/1874).
  3. "Moldgreen Municipal Election" in Huddersfield Chronicle (31/Oct/1874).