This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Moldgreen United Reform Church
- location: Wakefield Road (now old Wakefield Road), Moldgreen
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
- architects: Messrs. Healey of Bradford
The foundation stone was laid on 28 July 1866 and the first services were given in April 1868. The total cost of around £3,700 was partly offset by an anonymous "benevolent lady" who gifted £1,300 to the Rev. W. Hodgkiss. The architects were Messrs. Healey of Bradford and the following surnames were recorded as the contractors:
- masons — Messrs. Hampshire
- joiner: Umpleby
- plasterer: Tunnacliffe
- slater: Goodwin
- painters: Webster & Depledge
- plumbers: Messrs. Chadwick
The church was demolished during construction of the new Wakefield Road in the late 1980s and replaced by the current United Reform Church.
Notes and References
- ↑ "Moldgreen: Opening of the New Congregational Chapel" in Huddersfield Chronicle (25/Apr/1868).