A lost milestone on the Huddersfield and Penistone Turnpike Road, between Shelley Hill Top and Shelley Bank Bottom.
The 1854 O.S. map shows that the milestone was on the southern side of the road, approximately where the entrance to the (now closed) Shelley Bank Service Station is located, and read "HUDDERSFIELD 6 MILES. PENISTONE 6½ MILES."
The milestone does not appear to have been relocated nearby and is presumed destroyed.