A surviving milestone on the Lockwood and Meltham Turnpike Road, situated near to the site where Dungeon Wood Toll House originally stood.
According to O.S. maps, it originally read "Huddersfield 1½ miles" but is marked as "defaced" by the 1960s.
Unlike the other milestones on the former turnpike, this one is not listed by Historic England.
Notes and References
- ↑ The milestone is not marked on the 1854 O.S. map, but appears on the 1906 O.S. 1:2,500 map.