This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Wooldale Methodist Church
- appears on maps: 1892 [#241]
- location on map: Wooldale Road, Wooldale
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 30 April 1982
- listing entry number 1313627
WOOLDALE ROAD. Wooldale Methodist Church. Chapel. Circa 1830 with c.1880-90 addition. Hammer dressed stone, pitch faced to addition. Stone slate roof, blue slates to addition. Gable copings and ashlar stacks. Simple hall of five bays, consisting of four round arched windows with Keystone and impost blocks, and stone porch to end bay with moulded cornice and blocking course. The later addition is at 90° and is a six bay hall with round arched windows. The gable frontage has stepped and scrolled parapet with scrolled pediment at apex. Ball finials on kneelers. Central occulus with hood mould and keystone. Central three-light round headed window with single, round headed, light to each side, with marginal coloured glazing. Continuous hood mould.