This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: accessed via footpath from Helme to Spinksmire Mill
- status: no longer exists
- category: railway feature
An unmanned halt on the Meltham Branch Line built after the railway company abandoned their plan to create a spur to service Meltham Mills on the grounds of cost.
Unlike the other station on the line, the halt reportedly a wooden shelter that was destroyed by fire in the early 1900s. The halt was closed in September 1934.
Notes and References
- ↑ Branchlines of the L.&.Y.R. No. 5: The Meltham Branch (1987) by Neil Fraser.