Meltham Half

According to H.J. Morehouse's The History and Topography of the Parish of Kirkburton and of the Graveship of Holme (1861) by Henry James Morehouse, Meltham Half was specifically an old name for the township of Netherthong:

Nether-Thong, although now an independent township, was formerly called Meltham-Half: having been severed from Meltham at a remote period.

However, other historic documents and articles, such as the Almondbury Court Leets and early Alehouse Licence Registers, make it clear that Meltham Half comprised the area that later became the separate townships of Meltham and Netherthong.