Mechanics' Hall, Longwood Gate, Longwood

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: Longwood Gate, Longwood
  • status: still exists
  • category: property

Built for Longwood Mechanics' Institute and opened 6 October 1858.

The First World War Roll of Honour for the firm of Joseph Hoyle and Sons is now situated within the building.

During the Second World War, the hall was used as a temporary barracks by the Signals Regiment.[1]

Gallery

    Loading... ::::::omeka tag Mechanics' Hall (Longwood):::geograph 2647186:::

Links

Location

Notes and References

  1. "Handclaps with the past" in Huddersfield Daily Examiner (20/Jul/1991).