Maurice Booth (c.1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOOTH, MAURICE. 1st Class Stoker. No SS/110814. Royal Navy. HMS Lion. Born Marsden. Son of Moses Booth, 15 Mount Road, Marsden. Employed as a weft man by Messrs Crowther, Bruce and Company Limited, New Mills, Marsden. Single. Had completed five years active service in the Navy on 12.3.1915 but had seven years to serve in the Reserve so he was kept on service. Had served on board HMS Lion since she was first commissioned. Killed in action at the Battle of Jutland, 31.5.1916, aged 26 years. Commemorated on the PLYMOUTH NAVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Stoker 1st Class MAURICE BOOTH
- regiment: Royal Navy
- died: Wednesday, May 31, 1916
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 2865406
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2865406)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6506180)