Masons Arms, Kirkgate, Huddersfield

GEOGRAPHIC STUB (LOCATION UNKNOWN)
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location, although the exact geographic location is uncertain. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you know exactly where this was located, please leave a comment!

Details

  • also known as: Masons Tavern
  • location: Kirkgate, Huddersfield
  • status: probably does not exist
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

In 1864, the licencee of the Masons Arms was John Conry (who had previously worked as a mason's labourer). By 1873, it was Thomas Dermott and, by April, 1877 it was William Taylor.

By 1880, the owners of the beerhouse were the executors of the late W.W. Battye and the licencee was Robert Curry.

The licence of the Masons Arms was reportedly discontinued in August 1881.[1]

Location

The exact location of the beerhouse on Kirkgate is not known.

Notes and References

  1. Alehouse License register.

Masons Arms, Kirkgate, Huddersfield

Categories

Buildings | Location unknown | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 18 December 2016 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed