Martin Henry Brennan (1877-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRENNAN, MARTIN HENRY. Private. No 241113. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield 27.8.1877. Educated at St. Patrick's School. Employed at British Dyes as a boilermaker. Married, with four children. At the time of enlistment, was living at 7 Hirst's Yard, Thomas Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted 30.4.1915. Killed in action, 7.8.1917, aged 40 years. Buried QUEANT ROAD CEMETERY, BUISSY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row H, Grave 13.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Parish Church; Huddersfield Drill Hall; commemorated on his parents' headstone in Edgerton Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BRENNAN
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, August 7, 1917
- age: 40 years
- record ID: 313289
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #313289)