Marsh Working Men's Institute

Marsh Working Men's Institute was formed in January or February 1862 by the Rev. T.R. Jones of Holy Trinity Church, who served as the president.

By May 1862, the institute had 72 members who paid 2d. every fortnight. Classes were taught in reading, writing, and arithmetic by Mr. Robinson and Mr. J.A.H. Hirst.[1]

Further Reading

Notes and References

  1. "Marsh Working Men's Institute" in Huddersfield Chronicle (03/May/1862).