Marsh Liberal Club
Marsh Liberal Club was an extant political club which was in existence by 1873.
Alcohol was prohibited at the club until "by a large majority" the members voted to rescind the by-law in January 1922.
By the mid-1930s, the club's premises was 31 New Hey Road.
Notes and References
- Although it was stated in his obituary that town councillor Harry Johnson (d.1936) was one of the founders of the club, he would have only been a young teenager at the time. "Mr. Harry Johnson" in Yorkshire Post (17/Jun/1936).
- "Yorkshire News in Brief" in Leeds Mercury (18/Jan/1922).