Marsden Urban District
The Marsden Urban District replaced the Marsden Local Board District towards the end of 1894.
The elected urban districts councils replaced Local Boards following the Local Government Act of 1894 and were given increased powers and responsibilities under the Act.
Under the Representation of the People Act of 1918, the urban district became part of the Colne Valley Parliamentary Division.
The urban district was abolished on 1 April 1937 and became part of the new Colne Valley Urban District.
The extent of the urban district is show below (based on the 1906 O.S. map):
Notes and References
- ↑ "Redistribution" in Sheffield Daily Telegraph (05/Oct/1917).