Marsden-in-Huddersfield Local Board
Marsden-in-Huddersfield Local Board was the local authority body primarily responsible for issues relating to public health in the township of Marsden-in-Huddersfield and was formed on 13 March 1862 with an initial membership of 12.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Notes and References
- A previous meeting to discuss adopting the Local Government Act was held on 5 April 1860.