Marmaduke Taylor (c.1890-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, MARMADUKE. Gunner. No 133485. 301st Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Meltham. Son of George and Mary Ann Oldfield Taylor, of Meltham. Husband of Elsie Taylor of Brechin Terrace, Meltham. Employed by the Meltham Spinning Company. Was a member of the Meltham Wesleyan Choir. Enlisted December 1916. Embarked for France in June, 1917. Killed in action, 31.7.1917, aged 27 years. Buried YPRES TOWN CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row B, Grave 12.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner MARMADUKE TAYLOR
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Tuesday, July 31, 1917
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 446728
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #446728)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5447778)